Latelly I am playing with different backgrounds. I try different techniques using different media.
As I was saying I discovered Distress stains. I bought it just now, bacause before I was not sure what to do with them, but I love it.
Anyway, playing with different media and different layers, experimenting ... and I just adore the final results. I love the background that I am making following this procedure:
- first I use distress inks /stains (two or more colours, it looks best if its dark colours) on all tag/card area
- then I spray a water mixed with perfect perls on to the big background stamp
- stamp the tag/card just with water and let it dry....it looks amazing!!!!
and now to todays tag...it is fun and inspired by Mr. Tim himself and his 12 tags of 2012.
A lot of techniques on this tag. :-) First of all I embossed with clear embossing powder small dots. Then I inked the whole tag with distress inks (Vintage photo, Fired brick, Shabby shutters, Peeled paint, Aged Mahogony). Then I water stamped background TH Papilon stamp. The bird was inked and painted with clear rock candy crackle paint then let it dry. I added a crown and flower. Some Tim HOltz's trinklets and some ribbons. I also stamped some twirls with black ink to give it more drama. And voila....
I am entering this to:
- 12 tags of 2012 (April - embossing)
- Simon Says Stamps Challenge (Flowers)
- Simon Says Stamp and Show (A Lord Tim Technique)
- The Artistic Stamper (Ribbons and Lace).